LexArts in Lexington, KY and the Mid-South Sculpture Alliance (MSA) are partnering to present a juried exhibition of work by MSA professional members. This exhibit seeks to foster MSA’s mission to advance the creation and awareness of sculpture in its many and varied forms and promote a supportive environment for sculpture and sculptors.
Accepted Work Delivery Sep 5-8
Private Preview Artist Reception Sep 13, 5:30-7pm
Gallery Hop Public Reception Sep 15, 5-8pm
Pick-up work Oct 28-30
For further information regarding MSA please visit midsouthsculpture.org or contact Baggs McKelvey, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423.903.5648
LexArts is greater Lexington's premier cultural development, advocacy and fund raising organization. LexArts provides a wide range of programs and services designed to integrate the arts into our daily lives including the LexArts Gallery Hop, Lexington Youth Arts Council and ArtScope...This Week in the Arts email calendar. The gallery is located in ArtsPlace and is 1890 sp. ft. and is 45’x42’.
Insurance will be provided by LexArts for the stated value of the artworks.
LexArts will take a 30% commission on all sales; however, not all artworks need be listed for sale.
Stuart Horodner is Director of the University of Kentucky Art Museum. Previously he was the artistic director of the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center. He has held positions as visual arts curator at the Portland Institute for Contemporary Art, Portland, Ore.; director of the Bucknell University Art Gallery, Lewisburg, Pa., and was co-owner of the Horodner Romley Gallery, New York. He has taught classes at Bucknell University, Pacific Northwest College of Art, Portland State University and the University of Victoria, in British Columbia. Horodner founded and co-directed the Affair at the Jupiter Hotel, an intimate art fair in Portland, Ore.; and has organized and participated in symposia and educational initiatives at The Armory Show, College Art Association, Concordia University, Kansas City Art Institute, New York University, Rhode Island School of Art and Design, UK, University of Wisconsin-Madison, among others. He has served on a number of review panels and nominating juries and as advisor to organizations including Artadia: The Fund for Art and Dialogue, Creative Capital, Hallie Ford Family Foundation and The MacDowell Colony. His writing has appeared in periodicals including Art Issues, Art Lies, Art on Paper, Bomb, Dazed & Confused, Sculpture and Surface. Horodner's book, "The Art Life: On Creativity and Career," was published in 2012, and addresses the philosophical and practical issues that affect art-making and the marketplace.
Horodner received his BFA from The Cooper Union, New York, N.Y., and his MFA from the Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, N.J.
- All applicants MUST be a current Mid-South Sculpture Alliance member in order to submit an application. If you are not an MSA member, or if your membership has lapsed, you can visit http://www.midsouthsculpture.org/membership.php to update your membership status.
- Artists working in any 3-dimensional medium are encouraged to apply.
Limitation & Restrictions
- All work must be original and completed within the last 5 years.
- Works must not have been previously exhibited at LexArts.
- Works must be no larger than 33” at its widest and 82” at its tallest, or works must be able to disassemble to fit within these dimensions.
- Works must not exceed 200 lbs.
- Wall mounted artworks must be ready to hang upon delivery.
- Suspended artworks are allowed but must not exceed 10lbs and will be suspended from a lighting track about 12ft from the ground.
- All shipping or hand delivery and the return of work for the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
- LexArts reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the application process or are not properly outfitted to display in the gallery.
- Brief artist’s statement that is relevant to the work submitted (in PDF format)
- Five digital images of recent works. If necessary, please include additional detail shots of work submitted. Each image must be:
· Saved in jpeg format
· Set color to RGB
· Image size should not exceed horizontal pixel dimension of 1920 pixels or vertical pixel dimension of 1080 pixels
· Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: DOE_UNTITLED.jpg
Complete list of images. For each image, include:
Send materials to:
Submitting your application indicates that you have read and understood all guidelines and criterion contained within this prospectus. To the best of your knowledge, you are eligible to be considered for MSA’s Juried Member Exhibition. Your application contains your work and the information in your resume is complete and true. You understand that if accepted, it will be your responsibility to deliver your work to the LexArt ready for hanging and on time, concurrent with any schedules given to you upon acceptance. If accepted, the work presented with this application is the work that will be installed in the exhibit. All works are insured while on LexArt’s premises.
No person will be excluded from participation in or otherwise subjected to discrimination in regards to services, programs and employment, provided by LexArt based on color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.