Carved polystyrene is literally and figuratively at the core of Sherri Warner Hunter’s concrete sculptures and public art installations. Join Sherri to experiment with hot and cold carving techniques utilized in her studio. Learn how to incorporate armature and installation systems to expand this process for large scale works.
- Intro to materials and tools:
- Types of foam.
- Carving tools: Hot & Cold.
- Enhancing the foam structure: Hybrid Armatures.
- Concrete systems and their application to the polystyrene.
- Participants will create a small carved polystyrene form that will allow them to utilize a variety of hot and cold tools, experiment with various adhesives, and have the option of adding additional structural elements ending up with a potential maquette or study piece.
- Resource handouts to enable additional process development.
Maximum workshop size: 10 participants
Minimum workshop size: 5 participants
Address:PO Box 3505, Chattanooga | TN 37404